Want to contribute to the Canadian Music Wiki? Here's how:
Create a profile
2. Create a username and password for yourself.
Create a new page
1. Head over to the Welcome
2. Click on "Create new page."
3. Choose the appropriate page template i.e. are you starting a new page for a band? An album? A record store?
4. Click "Use template."
5. Choose the appropriate page category i.e. album, artist, festival, etc.
6. Voila! You've got a basic outline for the information you can include.
7. Start writing! Make sure to make internal wiki links (links that take you to another wiki page), add a photo and reference your information.
8. Once you're finished, hit save.
Edit a page
1. Browse page categories on the Welcome
2. Search for a specific page.
3. Search the "Pages" tab on the menu bar.
4. Once you find the page you want to edit, click on it.
5. Hit the "edit" button.
6. Start editing! Make sure to reference your information.
7. Remember to hit "save."
8. For an example of how a wiki page should look, check out the Metric
To insert a photo
1. Go into edit mode on the applicable page.
2. Scroll to the bottom. Upload your photo.
3. When finished, place your cursor one line above the text that says "Photo goes here, with applicable attribution."
4. Scroll up to the page toolbar. Find the image button and click it.
5. Choose the photo you want to upload.
7. Delete the text that says "Photo goes here, with applicable attribution" and type "Photo by ____," with the blank being the photographer. Make sure to make the photographer's name a link to the website where the photo was found.
To insert a reference
1. Place your cursor at the end of the sentence that you want to reference.
2. Copy and paste this code where your cursor is:
3. Replace the text http://www.domainame.com with the applicable website.
4. Your reference will appear at the bottom of the page.
Discuss a page
1. Each wiki page has a "discussion" page attached to it. So if you're contributing information to an artist page and want to discuss their gig last night, click on the "discuss" button.
2. Discuss! Reminder: the content on pages themselves are reserved for factual information only, and any discussions must be directly related to the topic of the page. Keep it civil, please!
Add your Canadian music blog to the blogroll
1. Go to the Canadian Music Blogs
tab on the main menu
2. Add your music blog! Make sure to create a heading for it and to add any information you feel is appropriate.
3. Hit "save."