Sherman Downey received MUSICNL’s full length recording grant for 2009 and has recently released his first CD, “Honey for Bees”*, with a group of rogue musicians called “The Ambiguous Case”. Sherman and the boys have been turning heads in the folk industry, sharing the stage with bands like Elliott Brood, Tom Fun Orchestra and Kathleen Edwards. They plan on playing shows close to you very soon.
At one time or another Sherman has found himself screaming in front of thousands of people as the front man in a touring punk band or busking love songs to waltzing couples in the underground tunnels of Asia. He’s taken from these extremes the ability to write and sing straight from his heart to your ear.
Armed with charming melodies, toe-tapping rhythms and a story to tell, “Honey for Bees” will have you singing shamelessly into a brush in front of your mirror. For all the latest, visit www.shermandowney.ca
Listening to this CD may or may not be similar to the feeling you would get drinking a hypothetical cup of tea with the unlikely lovechild of Paul Simon and Alison Krauss on a patio in the country.
2008 - Present
Sherman Downey Singer/ Songwriter
Neil Targett Bass Player
Andrew Ross Banjo Player
Jonny payne Mandolin Player
Bill Allan Accordian/ Trombone/ Perc
Paul Lockyer Drummer
Enter history here.
This section may contain subheadings such as: early history, different eras of the band (pre- and post-breakups).
Enter personal life info here.
Sherman Downey was the recipient of MUSICNL’s full length recording grant for 2009 and earned a spot in the top ten for this year’s regional Canadian Radio Star National Songwriting Competition.
Enter press features reviews, interviews, etc.here.
1. Church Mouse (Demo)
2. Indifferences lay Waiting (Demo)
3. Falling Backwards (Demo)
4. Soul Sweeping
- 0:03:02 - from the album Honey for Bees
- 0:02:10 - from the album Honey for Bees
- 0:04:07 - from the album Honey for Bees
7. Five Little Fingers
- 0:03:07 - from the album Honey for Bees
- 0:03:23 - from the album Honey for Bees
9. Falling Backwards
- 0:03:21 - from the album Honey for Bees
10. Indifferences Lay Waiting
- 0:04:21 - from the album Honey for Bees
11. Keep Your Head Up
- 0:04:24 - from the album Honey for Bees
12. Church Mouse
- 0:03:24 - from the album Honey for Bees
13. Easy to Break a Heart
- 0:03:55 - from the album Honey for Bees
- 3 Jun 2010 @ 21:00
- The Bar Room, with Rah Rah
- Corner Brook, Newfoundland, CA
- 4 Jun 2010 @ 21:00
- The Ship, with Rah Rah
- St. John’s, Newfoundland, CA
- 5 Jun 2010 @ 21:00
- Myx Meeting Centre,
- St. John’s, Newfoundland, CA
- 11 Jun 2010 @ 19:00
- Emile’s Pub in the Holiday Inn - Stephenville
- Stephenville, Newfoundland, CA
- 18 Aug 2010 @ 19:00
- Writers at Woody Point with Sarah Harmer,
- Woody Point, Newfoundland, CA
- 20 Aug 2010 @ 19:00
- Sunseekers Ball in Chance Harbour,
- Chance Harbour, New Brunswick, CA
- 21 Aug 2010 @ 20:00
- Larlee Creek Hullabaloo in Perth-Andover,
- Perth-Andover, New Brunswick, CA
Enter links to other artist wiki pages that may be similar in taste.